This last year has brought with it lots of little delights and simple treasures that in and of themselves are simple and unassuming, but nonetheless bring a smile to my lips and gleam to my eyes…
Things learned about…
A never ending and unwinding list of situations and experiences, some easy and others difficult… some previously recognized
while others new discoveries …. , including;
-navigating a foreign health care system,
-driving, somewhat safely ;) among the craziest roads in Europe, and
-solo travel and living beyond established mindsets and comfort zones…
Situations laughed at…
For a girl that is directionally challenged,
internally compass deficient, and timidly expressive in French,
I am certainly approached with mysterious frequency
for directions and assistance that is
surely based on my commonly complimented
open and innocent eyes
and welcoming spirit.
Like a loose thread or scratchy tag
occasionally or continually aggravating
with subliminal awareness…
while trudging forward into uncertain territory…
all the while trusting in the journey and believing in the dream…
Love let in…
Weeks of lazy days and tired disposition → so be it!
Immersed appreciation ← Overflowing emotions and tested feelings
Argued expectations and firmly held routines →take a hike!
Renewed perceptions ← Embracing instincts and intuitions
…………………………………………………………………………………………
And to think that when I originally thought about the random accomplishments
of this past year the first thing that came to mind
was my newfound ability to nurture plants!
And so I must include this new domestic discipline to my list of silver linings,
as just as I am thriving in personal spirit, openness, and growth,
so too are the flora that share the same nourishing air
and laissez fair atmosphere!
ahhhhhhhh, your plants are only living, i think there f'in thrivin. Holla. I too have issues with plants so hats off to you, and maybe in the summer I can ask for your greenfinger help.
ReplyDeleted