Raconte-Moi une Histoire
Further to the
soundtrack of the past year and the previous introspective blog post, I
continue to be moved and motivated by music. Having recently come
across a French group called M83 upon hearing the track ‘Midnight City’, I
downloaded their discography and explored their melodic and electronic
symphonies. Almost instantly I was drawn to the track titled, ‘Raconte-Moi Une Histoire’ (featured in this link), and the joyful innocence of the young girl’s
voice and energy. With each successive listen I find myself chuckling along and
delving deeper into the mysterious possibilities of the childlike mind,
reminded by the innocence of youth and the simplicity of joyful living and
unprompted experiences.
As an adult with firmly entrenched logical and
practical perspectives, I was initially stuck on the superficial theme of the
journey experienced from touching a hallucinogenic frog… yet with each new
listen I find myself identifying with the little girl, further exploring the
concepts of adventure, play, connectivity and laughter. Reminded of the
importance of remaining rooted in the present, finding the novel in the
everyday, and laughing at the mundane!
Cupcake anyone…?
No comments:
Post a Comment