Tuesday, December 20, 2011

La deuxième quiche

I have officially discovered my favourite thing to make and eat! Leave it to the simple quiche recipe that is ultra versatile and delicious!!

Needing to rid my fridge and pantry before embarking on my upcoming Irish holidays, my second endeavour was an onion quiche. Loosely based on a recipe I found online, I kept it strictly onion based; sautéing and slightly caramelizing 4 white onions with a touch of flour and sugar. A box of half & half cream whisked with 4 eggs provided the base, with a dash of salt, pepper, paprika and turmeric. And to top it off, a sprinkle of finely grated emmental cheese to round out the flavours!




Reminiscent of french onion soup à la quiche, with the slightly sweet fragrance of sautéed onions paired with the salty quality of the cheese. Although I do have to admit that I am most proud that I cooked an amazingly delicious creation without following the confines of a recipe!


Onion quiche with spinich salad
& homemade dijon balsamic dressing

Maybe it is age or French living… or maybe it is a relaxed attitude or carefree notion… but I am actually finding I enjoy the simple domestic pleasures and treasures I am slowly acquiring!



No comments:

Post a Comment