Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bitten by the travel bug!

The next few posts will be dedicated to my trip to the beautiful, busy, a bit rainy and lively Paris! Following my solo trip to Geneva, which I later realized was not my first official solo trip…., I lounged in the comfort of the TGV high speed train, where I had an assigned comfortable seat, despite having to haul luggage up to the second level; and began my journey to Paris to see some amazing Canadian faces and to spend the final few days with my brother!

A quick rewind to my very first solo trip to Angers in early December 2005; which is quite fitting as my Canadian amis had began their journey in Angers before settling into the bustle of the Paris streets for the final leg of their vacation. I don’t know why I considered Geneva to be the first solo voyage, as my trip to Angers ended with the adventure of either taking the wrong train back to Lyon, or getting on the wrong car and being forced to get out in Paris as the entire car was destined for that stop? Either way, it was my first experience of getting lost outside of an airport, known city or the confines of my childhood stomping grounds. Even so, when I think back to my two day trip to Angers, while I was a bit nervous to travel and navigate on my own, I also laughed at my train misfortune as it was unfolding. Perhaps it was a stepping stone to renewed confidence and an openness to new opportunity.

 As it is, I still consider Geneva to be the first solo trip, at least in this chapter of my life, as much has changed in the last 5 years, and alas I am a new and revitalized version of my old self, with an ever expanding realized potential and talents, and an outlook filled with greater patience and perspective.

Me & Sister Tarcila in Angers (Dec 2005)
Me in Geneva



No comments:

Post a Comment