Well I never.....
Who would have thought that getting a french bank account was as easy as showing up in blue jeans, speaking my finest french and all without a hint of future employment or proof of actual earnings?
Today, I secured my very own french 'compte bancaire'. A big pat on the shoulder for me!! Not only did I approach the receptionist on my own, exclaiming, “J'ai un rendez-vous à dix-heures et demie." To which she replied something like, ‘have a seat over there to wait before your appointment' (in French naturally). At least that is what I understood ;) Then I entered the office with my Dad (of course), and applied for my very own bank account en français!! Plus…. I was able to answer many of questions asked of me (after being repeated at least twice), on my own!
That being said, I have no idea what type of account I have, I assume it is a chequing account? And, I am clueless as to the fees, rules & regulations. But I do have a nice nifty package of about 20 forms in French that I dotted, initialled and signed to start this whole process!! Now to transfer my Canadian funds into their new home….
I am growing up – insert applause!!
I am laughing aloud. From the last blog I was going to suggest to head for the hills with your cheese and wine and inhale all that French countryside. But, of course, you pulled up your sleeves and dug right in... no different than replanting your figurine in the front or backyard to promot sale of your home; repainting the basement twice over, selling and rebuying your car! Applause indeed. Carry on and allow your journey to continue!
ReplyDelete