Being the analytical perfectionist I am I sometimes need reminders to stop and smell the roses. While I can drone on about what I wish I would have achieved over the past year, or what I should have accomplished; I instead will reflect upon the amazing experiences, domestic doings and little treasures experienced over the last 12 months.
Having dabbled in the domestic niceties of daily life, ma vie en France has merited an embraced increase in cuisine abilities and culinary creations! Without a lack of fresh ingredients, including fresh eggs stocked on open, non refrigerated shelves, bi and tri-weekly grocery trips, and the inspiration of fine French food, I am developing a more relaxed approach to eating, cooking and experimenting with new flavours and recipes. From omelettes with fried onions, potatoes and peppers, cooked with eggs set over hard, sliced into pizza inspired wedges; to a fresh seasonal vegetable ratatouille hearty in tomatoes, eggplant, and zucchini and seasoned with herbs and spices, I have delved into my evolving culinary creativity! Some of my other creations have included; crêpes with fresh herbs, a simple but savoury chunky tomato sauce with garlic and onions, and homemade croutons made from pavé style hearty bread and airy grainy cereal loafs; perfect sprinkled atop a slightly sweet and caramelized home made onion soup.
 |
| Crepes a la anglo frenchie style! |
 |
| Croutons (way better than store bought cardboard cubes)! |
 |
| Texas road DiCarlo bottling inspired tomato sauce! |
Of course having always favoured dessert; crêpes drizzled with honey or slathered in nutella, and the fudgy density of a gateau fondant chocolat take centre stage! Photos unfortunately not available as they are savoured and enjoyed quickly and guiltlessly!
No comments:
Post a Comment