Friday, January 28, 2011

The Quarter Mile

The three month mark has officially passed, and while for the last 3 weeks or so I have in thought and in words expressed that I have been here for 3 months the milestone has been reached. In some ways the excitement and newness of the experience has passed, and it is not quite a vacation any longer. In other ways, it is still new and fresh and full of opportunity… the only trouble is that I lack the motivation, innocence and fortitude to seize the possibilities. No fear or regret though, but rather living in the moment of solitude and reflection and forging renewed dreams and visions while patiently waiting for a seed of inspiration.

 The truth is plain and obvious but still registers a sense of confusion and mystery? I am living in France? Such a simple realization of a goal, but a huge leap of adjustment and clarity! While I am ready to hoist up the Sloop John B, I have yet to learn to sail, and a world of experience awaits...




No comments:

Post a Comment