Monday, January 3, 2011

Bonne Année

Jan 1, 2011, marks exactly 10 weeks since I left home, cheered on by two of my dearest friends, Anna & Sarah, and tons of family and friends days before the voyage. In many ways, this milestone marks the beginning of a new year, including fresh perspectives and forced resolutions simply from the decision itself.

But the actual New Year is upon us, and like any new beginning comes renewed spirit, reinvented identity and renowned resolution.

So this year I resolve to….
Be healthier… nah, considering I consume a brick of butter bi-weekly,
this one won’t stick… err well the butter might!

Travel more…nah, travelling to 3 countries in the last 3 months
I think is a good start and as such doesn’t make for a
good declaration of new or unconfirmed wishes.

Learn French…nah, um well sort of…
This one is a no brainer; I am kinda forced to learn the language for basic survival…
I could probably try to acquire the language faster and with greater fluidity,
but considering I gave directions in French the other day speaks volumes for me,
as it was in French and I knew where I was (never mind that all I had to say was,
toute a droite pour 5 minutes”).

So instead, I resolve to do nothing new or extreme or overly exciting, but rather to continue on this new path of limited expectation, infinite possibility, and ambitious living outside of the box! To cement this new pledge, I will start by wearing mismatched socks!... baby steps in trudging the New Year with non-conformity, flexibility, youthfulness and simplicity!

Bonne année tout le monde! May this New Year be filled with love and compassion,
learning and wisdom, renewed relationships and self admiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment