With the ground freshly dusted with snow from the night before, we headed out to walk the grounds of the Ardgillan Castle.
Although a chilly day, the grounds were quiet and serene... perfect for the slight wine headache and queasy tummy from the night before....
Followed by fish and chips... on my wish list of things to do either in England and Ireland.
museums - nah; exhibits - nah; touristy things - nah; nope its fish & chips for me! ...
and thanks to the wonderful cuisine of crisps, chips, Christmas pudding cheesecake, rashers.... I have gained back the kg I somehow lost after arriving in France.
My final night in Ireland was spent in relaxed company and conversation with Aggie & Mick and their neighbours Wayne and Cathy! A night filled with laughter and bantering - a much appreciated reminder of Canadian friends, hang-outs and pastimes!
Sun Dec 19:
With forecasts for snow and ice the previous night, and Heathrow shut down the day before in London, I anxiously hoped that I may be stuck in Ireland for a few more days... But with clear skies and no delays I returned to Lyon early that morning to temps of around 11°F. Et voila, my journey to a land of English, blue and green eyes, rolling countrysides and warm hospitality has come to a temporary end.... until maybe St. Patrick's day???
A huge thank-you to Aggie & Mick for their hospitality, friendship and generosity,
& Marley for all the kisses and cuddles!!
No comments:
Post a Comment