Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snow, snow, stay, stay, just for another day!

It started snowing the day before yesterday and it was magnificent and beautiful. Fat white flakes that blanketed the ground and settled on the branches of the trees, and stayed!!! Yesterday was amazing to wake up to as I have trees directly outside of each of my windows, two of which I am sure I could reach out and touch. The snow was resting on the branches along with leaves that haven't yet given up hope on fall. Cars remained parked and covered in nearly a foot of snow!! The city was in a state of shut down with many people 'snowed in', and all buses cancelled and only half of the tram lines running.

This level of snow is very unusual for the Lyonnais, especially for the first of Dec, which many still regard as autumn. I on the other hand was excited and joyous and feeling somewhat festive!! And this morning, while the streets are pretty much clear, the snow on the ground is still crisp, white and clean!

Outside my kitchen window (Nov 30/10)

Outside my living room window (Nov 30/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment